The ultimate comfort food and a great way to use up bread or baked goods, Spiced Croissant Bread & Butter Pudding recipe from Comvita. The perfect dessert for your Christmas Day or during the holiday season! We think it might make a great breakfast too!!
• 4 Croissants
• 100g cranberry jam
• 3 eggs (plus one additional egg yolk)
• 30g butter
• 120 ml honey
• 250ml cream
• 150ml milk
• 10g cinnamon
• 5g nutmeg
• 50g raisins
• ⅓ cup brandy - optional
• Pistachios for garnish
1. If using brandy, soak the raisins in brandy overnight or for minimum 3 hours.
2. Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan).
3. Prepare the croissants by cutting them in half and spreading the cranberry jam generously on the inside.
4. Butter an oven proof casserole dish and arrange the croissants in it.
5. Prepare the custard; in a small saucepan over low heat combine the cream, milk, cinnamon, nutmeg and honey.
6. Bring to boil and remove from heat.
7. In a separate bowl, whisk the eggs, slowly whisk in the hot milk mixture into the eggs, keep whisking until it cools and is combined.
8. Pour the custard mixture over the croissants, sprinkle over soaked raisins and leave to soak for 15-30 minutes before placing in the oven.
9. Cook for 20-25 minutes or until the custard is set. Depending on the depth of you oven proof dish, this may take longer.
10. Garnish with chopped pistachios.