Almonds are the edible seeds of Prunus dulcis, more commonly called the almond tree.
Almonds are a fantastic source of antioxidants.
Antioxidants help protect against oxidative stress, which can damage molecules in your cells and contribute to inflammation, aging and diseases like cancer.
The powerful antioxidants in almonds are largely concentrated in the brown layer of the skin.
Almonds Are High in Vitamin E. Vitamin E is a family of fat-soluble antioxidants. These antioxidants tend to build up in cell membranes in your body, protecting your cells from oxidative damage. Almonds are among the world’s best sources of vitamin E,
- 1/2 cup True smooth almond butter
- 1/2 cup True coconut sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/2 tbsp True cacao powder
- 1 tbsp True coconut flour
- Heat oven to 180 celsius. Line a baking tray with parchment paper.
- Place all the ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat together until they are well blended.
- Using damp hands, shape tablespoons of mixture into balls and place them on the lined baking tray. Keep them well spaced as they will spread during baking.
- Place in the oven and bake for 8-10mins.
- Remove from the oven and allow them to cool on a wire rack before eating.