The foods we eat will have a huge impact on how we look, feel, move and think and so it is our responsibility to educate ourselves and make small consistent changes to any habits that aren’t giving us what we want.
• Understand the underlying reason (‘the why’) for making the change. Embrace it fully. It will help you keep going when you feel challenged.
• Set yourself a roadmap, a 90-day goal. Break it into manageable chunks as if you are on a journey.
Be kind to yourself. Each evening journal what you did well that day and what part of the journey you travelled. Congratulate yourself. If you ‘fall off’ the wagon, use these journaled achievements to get yourself up and going again.
• Buy and cook as much ‘real’ (unprocessed) food as possible e.g. fruit, vegetables, meat, fish, eggs, seeds, nuts and spices.
• Embrace good fats. Omega 3 and 6 fats are essential to your body’s wellbeing, especially your heart, brain and eye function. Many fans also see an improvement to the quality of their skin and hair. You need to add them into your diet by eating specific omega rich foods (oily fish, avocados, flaxseeds and walnuts) and supplementing with a quality organic oil such as Udo’s Oil. By doing so, you are laying a solid foundation for good health.
• Batch cook, refrigerate and freeze. This makes life easier and is healthier than consuming ready-made meals.
• Eat with intent. Savour your food. Let your taste buds take you on a journey by cutting out unnecessary distractions when eating ( TV, phone, radio ).
• First and foremost, find a form of exercise you enjoy.
• Decide on your goal. By having one (however small) you will be more likely to stay focussed and motivated.
• Start slowly e.g. twenty-minute walk per day. When you are into a rhythm or routine, try to build your time and pace up by an extra 1% per day. Always listen to your body.
Shop Udo’s NOW – Link Please